⏰ What time should we expect you? Check-in from 2.30 pm for the first small group or 1-6 guests with the others arriving at least 1.5 hours later. Please let us know your approx. ETA so we can be here to greet you. If you are delayed on the route please just text to let us know.
👨👨👦 We ask for a max of 6 guests to arrive at the house before the other guests so we can check you in smoothly and quickly. If the lead booker is not among the first to arrive we will need photo ID for the checking in guest.
Check out is 10 am or 12 noon check your booking documents. Early & Late check in-outs can be arranged at an extra cost. Please ask for info.
🚗 If you are Travelling by road on a busy Friday evening please add an hour on to your ETA.
🏛 Our postcode is HD1 5NE all entry is via the back of the house on Norfolk Close.
🚌 Mini Bus: If you are arriving by minibus all together please drop off 4 guests for check-in and the others at the pub. The Junction Inn at Marsh is 1⁄2 mile from the house. Please get the minibus to drop and collect guests on the side road Norfolk Close. Do not allow them to drive in the drive as its narrow for large vehicles.
🚙 Parking for 4-6 cars in the private driveway (gates must remain closed at all times). Please don’t park on the grass or AstroTurf. We have visitor permits for resident parking bays on Vernon Ave/ New North Road (opposite front of the house).
🅿️ Free non-restricted parking available on Cedar Ave and Cemetery Road (next road up from Norfolk Close) signposted Huddersfield Tennis Club. Please note parking on Norfolk Close at any time is strictly forbidden.
Kindly let us know how you’re arriving and how many cars you intend to park. Please leave a parking space in the drive for suppler if applicable.
Gates: Open the electric gates with the (A) on the key fob, with the code **** or by picking up the intercom phones in the house and pressing both buttons. Please keep the gates closed at all times.
❎ Sorry, we currently do not allow charging of electric vehicles. The nearest charging point is Kingsgate Shopping Centre 0.7mi from the house.
Ensure your £650 behaviour/security deposit has been paid. Unfortunately, we can only take this via bank transfer not card payment or over the phone, sorry for any inconvenience. We can’t proceed with your booking if you haven’t paid your damage deposit. Please remember to send your account details so we can return your deposit on the following Friday.
Please update your guest list if your numbers have changed, we can always add last-minute guests on and take payment. Any unregistered guests not disclosed prior to arrival could result in a cancellation of your whole booking.
Remember we are not insured for anyone other then the named guests or our selected suppliers to enter the house and you may lose your booking if this T&C is not followed
- 📑 ID: We require Photo ID and proof of address for the lead booker only.
- 🆘 Fire/Health & Safety Risk assessment available. First Aid Box on site.
- 🛒 Shopping Deliveries: We like to make your arrival as smooth as possible this is why we are more than happy to take in your shopping for you and put away on the morning of your stay or the night before. Please let us know when to expect it, Ideally arrange delivery before 12 noon.
All deliveries to the back of the house on Norfolk Close (front gates always locked). Morrison’s, Tesco, Sainsbury, Asda, M&S and Ocado all deliver to our house. We are 1⁄2 a mile from Huddersfield town centre and Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Aldi. It’s an uphill walk!!
- 🚕 Taxi numbers http://www.mounttaxis.co.uk or Marsh Taxis 01484 515007
- 🎈 It’s a requirement that you share the T&Cs and House Rules with ALL your guests. Don’t worry we have a copy at the house to so you can check during your stay, we also have little notes around the house to help you and your guest in each room and how things work. If all the guests have read and understood the T&Cs they will know what’s expected before arrival and this will really make your weekend stress-free and run without any hitches.
- 🥘 You may, of course, cook your own food at the house, we only have restrictions on you booking your own caterers (these must be recommended by us)
- 🪑Kitchen: We have a fully stocked kitchen with everything you need, including large cooking pots, 1 large Smeg oven range. 3 microwave /combi ovens, free-standing, Nespresso Coffee Machine (new style pods), ice buckets, blender, cocktail shakers, slow cooker, oven wear in all sizes, large bowls for popcorn.
- 🧂Kitchen Bits: We have salt, pepper, oil, tea, sugar and instant coffee. We do not supply milk & butter or any other foodstuffs. Nespresso pods (£1 per pod)
- 🍕 Takeaways: Food takeaways, deliveries or similar are allowed as long as they do not enter the house. For example, a delivery of afternoon tea from M&S. We have menus for local takeaways and Deliveroo are in Huddersfield.
- 🍽 Dining: We need to know how many guests for formal dining, the dining room is set up for 17 unless you request more places. For over 17 guests the tables is set out as two separate tables to enable everyone to have a place setting. The tables must not be moved by guests, unfortunately, previous guests have damaged the legs on an antique table by moving it. We have an itinerary pegboard.
- 🍴Table Settings: We have 20+ wine glasses, champagne flutes, plastic glasses, shot glasses, water glasses, placemats, napkins, and all the cookery, cutlery you need for 20 guests
- 🍰 Afternoon Tea: We don’t have vintage crockery for your use unless you have booked our afternoon tea.
- 🗑 Cleaning: We supply all cleaning products; bin liners, dishwasher tabs, cloths, tea towels and loo roll fro your stay. Do not use our loo roll if you are playing the wedding dress game, bring extra.
- 👙 Health and Safety guidelines recommend that the maximin time in the hot tub is 15 minutes per session. Our hot tub is located inside the property not outdoors. Please note the hot tub is available for guest use from 8 am-10 pm for the indoor hotter area
- 🥿Indoors: We strongly recommend slippers/flipflops for the house, we have old stone floors in the kitchen that can be rough and cold on your feet
- 🛁 Bathroom: We supply shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and a large towel each, hairdryers x2. PLEASE BRING AN EXTRA TOWEL FOR THE HOT TUB
- The house is for sophisticated, sensible gatherings and not suitable for loud, wild, noisy, drunken events. As is standard for large group accommodation, We have restrictions on outside noise, outdoor curfews (10pm-8am) and conduct. We have CCTV with Audio around the outdoor areas at the property . ID and Proof of address of the lead booker is required.
- 👗Iron and ironing board are provided.
- 🧖🏾♀️Spa Room: The spa treatment room is only opened if you have booked treatments with the spa team
- 🎧 Music: 2 MP3 speaker docks for new and old iPhones (up to iPhone 6/7/8/10/11/12) available at the house. New Karaoke Stack with Bluetooth/USB sound system and disco lights. Karaoke CDs are available.
- 🎊 Decorations: DO NOT STICK ANYTHING TO THE WALLS Please note you may add decorations to the White Room to WOODWORK ONLY we have masking tape (please see the T&C for more details on putting up décor). Please take your unused or finished helium ballon gas canisters, we are unable to recycle these locally.
- 💻 Reviews: We do ask you to submit a short review after your stay as the final part of your booking process. Please tell us what you loved about your stay and constructive feedback is always welcome. If you have complaints or issues during your stay please raise these before the end of your stay so we can rectify.
- 📆 Last minute: If you want to book activities last minute? Not a problem we will try to accommodate. Our team are very popular and may be booked by another venue so book early to avoid disappointment.
- 🙋 Please feel free to call to chat at any time we are here to help you plan the best stay.
- 🚭 Sorry no smoking or vaping anywhere inside the property
- 💵 Payments all by BACs
- 📛 No fireworks, Chinese lanterns, candles or drones
- 🦠 For Covid Safety Please see the Covid Confident menu
- 🍢 Sorry we no longer allow BBQ or Fire Pit
- 🖼 Garden furniture provided (warmer months only)
- 🐶 Sorry NO dogs (or pets) without prior arrangement (one small dog may be allowed but must stay in the kitchen area)
- 💋 Don’t forget we love our guests to connect with us on social media so please tag us in, share your photos and check in at The Scarlet Hen at Norfolk House on FB and Instagram. We offer a free bottle of bubbles each month to our favourite SM post.